Tuesday 4 October 2011

Sometimes when things get a little hairy with the kids, we try to take them out for some one-on-one time.  So I took just Isabella out to do some running around with me.  Part way through, while driving around, I let out a big sigh.  Bella asked what was wrong. I told her that I really had to pee. And her response...

"Mommy it's okay."
"Don't pee your pants"
"Can you hold it for a bit?"
"We will be at starbucks soon mommy, it's okay"
"See mommy - it's there, see it, there's starbucks, it's okay now."
"You can pee there", "okay, let's go".

It suprises me all the time when Isabella responds the same way I do to situations. It's kind of adorable.  On the other hand it really shows me the power of choosing the right words, and responding appropriately; which is not always easy (and I definetly don't always get it right ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

As much as this blog is for me to record the lives of our family; I'd really love to hear from you- so that it isn't so one sided. Thanks for reading & commenting.