Sunday 4 September 2011

First set of dresses are leaving on a jet plane!

A couple weeks ago I delivered a dozen pillow case dresses to my friend, Brooke. Her dad will be bringing them along with him to a Haitian Refugee Camp in Dominican Republic shortly. Due to luggage restrictions, he is only able to bring one suitcase, so we only sent him with a dozen dresses; but he is willing to bring more on other visits (he goes often).  This will be our very first set of dresses given to girls who need them!!!! We are so excited to get the ball rolling. I think it will really sink in when we see pictures of the girls in the dresses! That will be amazing.
The dresses that we sent were the ones that were made by Maple Grove campers with me this summer.





 Thanks again to everyone who has helped in having this actually happen!!!

If you are interested in following us- check us out on facebook- "You are sew gorgeous", or check out our blog, created by my wonderful friend Karina, http://www.youaresewgorgeous.blogspot.com/.

And finally if you want to help- by sewing, donating supplies, or bringing dresses with you on your travels (and taking pics).... Let us know!

1 comment:

As much as this blog is for me to record the lives of our family; I'd really love to hear from you- so that it isn't so one sided. Thanks for reading & commenting.