I found this recipe here. I was out of cocnut milk, so I used soy or almond instead (can't remember now). These were SO delicious!! We loved them. A lot!!!
- 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 cups medium unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (if making chocolate macaroons)
Preheat oven to 350F. In a saucepan on medium high heat, combine the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk in the arrowroot powder and whole wheat flour. Continue whisking until the mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit. Add the shredded coconut and cocoa powder if using and mix until well combined. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until beginning to brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.
|Ben's asking for "more" (signing) while his chipmunk cheeks are stuffed!|