Tuesday 24 July 2012

My fave new bevvie!!! Iced Choco Coconut

Through this spring and summer I've been making a yummy drink in the blender!
You totally have to give it a try!!!

I'm a fan of all yummy (and unhealthy) frozen coffee drinks that tempt me all summer long.  But this is better.. and healthier.

Ingredients:
1 Young coconut
1-2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
1 cup almond milk (or other kind of milk)
1-2 tbsp agave
LOTS of ice!
(extra coconut water is optional and yummy)

Open young coconut, pour coconut water into blender, and scoop out all meat.  (google directions if you're new at opening young coconuts... oh, and if your grocery store doesn't have young coconuts, ask.  Sometimes they are in the back... why? I'm not sure.)

I would suggest if you want the coconut meat to be less chunky, blend the cocout water and meat until it is the consistency you'd like, then add in the agave nectar (more or less, depending on how sweet you'd like it-- also, this depends on how sweet your milk is.  ie. is your almond milk, or soy milk unsweetned, or sweetened?), and the raw cocoa powder.  Blend.  Add ice, and blend.

ENJOY!!!!!!!

I might make this with a shot of espresso in it sometime. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

As much as this blog is for me to record the lives of our family; I'd really love to hear from you- so that it isn't so one sided. Thanks for reading & commenting.